You'd never think about driving with your brakes on, but right now your slack adjuster may be causing brake drag. Most slacks have a fast adjustment rate that increases the likelihood of brake drag, which accelerates lining and drum wear. And brake drag also increases fuel consumption.
We have the fix – Bendix® Versajust® slack adjusters have a gradual and more concise adjustment rate that minimizes the risk of brake drag to:
- Reduce fuel consumption by 1.5-30%*
- Extend lining life by up to 16% and drum life by up to 30%
- Optimize brake performance
- Lower maintenance costs and downtime due to brake drag
- Help lower risk of CSA violation for brakes out of adjustment
*Actual consumption depends on slack used and amount of brake drag.
Bendix now offers both link- and grounded-style slack adjusters for complete coverage.
Bendix® Versajust® LS™ Slack Adjuster
Our link-style slack adjuster covers 90% of common applications such as line haul, tractors and trucks, drive and steer axles, and trailers.
Bendix® Versajust® GS™ Slack Adjuster
The grounded-style slack adjuster is well suited for refuse, transit, other severe duty vocations, and high axle load applications.
- Varied arm angles (5", 5.5", and 6.5")
- Patented body design for increased durability in higher torque capacities
- Increased load rating (23,000 in-lbs.)
In fleet tests versus competitive slacks, the Versajust LS was shown to extend lining life by up to 16%, and drum life by up to 30%.